- Home /
- Hearth Products Controls Square Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burner, 12x12-Inch, Propane
The Products Controls Square Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burner, 12x12-Inch, Propane by Hearth Products Controls provides a high quality fire pit component necessary to complete your gas fire pit project. The square shaped burner is manufactured by HPC and constructed from high quality 304 stainless steel; each square burner features staggered burner ports, a 1/2 Inch female gas inlet, and is neatly machine welded to produce a seamless and durable product.
This burner can be installed DIY or by a professional installer and is intended to be used with propane applications; a propane conversion kit, which includes an air mixer, coupler & nipple, is included. The burner should be at least 6" smaller than the inside dimensions of your enclosure and must be installed so the burner ports face upwards.
- Stainless Steel Construction - Heavy duty 304 stainless steel guards against rusting and ensures a long lasting product
- Staggered Burner Ports - Drilled, not punched, burner ports are staggered on the tube for a broader, more complete flame
- Standard Capacity - Burner rings feature a standard capacity 1/2" female NPT gas inlet
- Raised Central Hub - Gas inlet is raised above the concentric rings to prevent water from entering the valve or gas line
- Propane - Burner kit is intended for propane use; can be used with natural gas by omitting the air mixer
- Includes - 12" square burner, 90k BTU orifice, nipple & coupler; be sure to check out our fire pit kits to find this burner included with the necessary components for use
|HPC Square SS Burners|
|Burner Size||Btu (max)||Hub Size||Center Flame||Pan OD*||Center Hole*||Lava Rock*||Fire Glass*|
|FRSSQ-12||12x12"||90k||1/2"||14"||18x18"||1-1/8"||1 Cu Ft||50 lbs|
|FRSSQ-18||18x18"||150k||1/2"||20"||24x24"||1-1/8"||1 Cu Ft||90 lbs|
|FRSSQ-24||24x24"||150k||1/2"||18"||30x30"||1-1/8"||1 Cu Ft||130 lbs|
What to Consider:
- Recommended Burner Size - Should be based off of the inside dimensions of your enclosure as well as the available BTU output:
- Give at least 3" in between the edge of the burner and the enclosure, for a total of 6" difference.
- Available BTU will be calculated by a professional and will be based off of available supply pressure, distance from the source, gas line size & material.
- Supply pressure at the fire pit should be between 3.5"-7" Water Column for Natural Gas and 8"-11" W.C. for Propane.
- All gas lines should be sized and installed by a professional based on BTU requirements, distance from the gas source, and local codes.
- Using a Standard 20 lb. Propane Tank - (Commonly used for gas grills) Please consider the following:
- The largest burner size to be used is 18" due to the BTU limitations of the tank.
- You'll need a propane tank regulator that can supply the proper amount of BTU output.
- Completing Your Gas Fire Pit - This burner kit includes the necessary components to complete the burner assembly from the shut off valve, but you may need additional components to complete the construction of your enclosure:
- A burner pan is recommended for all gas fire pits, however it is required for use with all propane gas fire pits.
- The burner pan should be installed at a minimum of 4" below the top of the fire pit and is easy to install using our flexible installation collars.
- The flexible installation collars can be mounted to the inside walls of your enclosure in order to hold up the burner pan.
- Alternatively, a "shelf" may be constructed within the enclosure to support the burner pan using non-combustible materials.
- Proper ventilation must be accounted for within your fire pit enclosure.
- 18in² of venting must be installed on at least (2) opposing sides.
- Vent covers can be used to achieve a clean, professional look and should be installed near the base of the enclosure.
- A valve extender may be necessary if the enclosure is more than 3" thick.
- The extender is composed of a standard 3/4" coupler and 3/4" nipple.
- If using an extender, a longer key will be required.
- How Much Fire Media Do You Need? - Either lava rock or fire glass must be used to complete the construction of your gas fire pit.
- Enough fire media should be used to completely cover the burner by a thin 1/4"-1" layer; typically 2.5"-3.5" achieves proper coverage.
- To determine the amount of lava rock or fire glass, refer to the chart above - or use our Glass Calculators in the "Support" tab.
About the Manufacturer:
HPC is on the cutting edge of outdoor gas fire pit technology and offers a wide variety of burners to fit the need of any construction or do-it-yourself project. All HPC fire pit rings have staggered burner ports for a more natural-looking flame pattern and presence. Both stainless steel and cold rolled steel burners are available, and both feature ports that are drilled, not punched, for optimal quality; the burner hub is raised above the concentric rings to reduce the risk of water in the valve or gas line.
|Manufacturer||Hearth Products Controls|
|Shipping Status||Ships in 1 to 2 business days|
|Manufacturer Part Number||FRSSQ-12-LP|
|Burner Material||#304 Stainless Steel|
|Burner Ring Size||12x12 Inches|
|Raised Center Hub||Yes|
|Burner Hub Size||1/2 Inch|
|Burner Hole Pattern||Staggered|
|Burner Holes Drilled||Yes|
|Center Flame (max)||14"|
Write Your Own Review
We inventory many of our products in our warehouse in North Liberty, Iowa to provide quick and flexible shipping options for the entire country. Certain custom finished products and other items will ship factory direct from the manufacturer when necessary and can take additional time processing.
Standard Ground Shipping:
For most items under 150 pounds the standard free shipping option will be parcel (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc). Having this flexibility allows us to provide the quickest turn around to process and ship your order. If your order arrives damaged, please be sure to take pictures and provide those to us in order to help us provide proper reparations.
Standard Freight Shipping:
For most items over 150 pounds our free standard shipping service will be freight, and will include free curb side delivery and lift gate service. When your order is ready to be delivered, the shipping company will contact you to schedule a time to deliver your order - for this reason, it is critical to provide the most relevant phone number at the time of check out. Upon delivery, the driver will take it off the truck for you but it is your responsibility to bring it onto your property. You will be required to sign for the delivery and inspect the product upon arrival; any damage present upon arrival must be annotated when accepting the delivery, Spotix Inc is not liable for damages not annotated on the delivery receipt at time of delivery.
Free Shipping on All Orders:
All products available on our website qualify for free standard shipping; standard shipping applies to standard locations within the contiguous 48 states. Spotix Inc. reserves the right to choose delivery type, carrier, and service level of each shipment when standard shipping is selected. For Freight shipments, standard shipping includes curb side delivery and lift gate services; for exceptions (e.g. hard to reach areas) special considerations and fees may be applied.
Expedited Shipping Options:
Most items will be available for expedited shipping options in order to decrease shipping time; these options require you to call and speak to one of our Sales Representatives in order to determine availability and pricing.
Orders shipping internationally are not eligible for our free standard shipping. We regularly ship to Canada; for such orders, you are responsible to contact our sales representatives in order to determine shipping costs. Additional international shipping opportunities may be available, please call for availability. International orders are not eligible for our standard return policy; returns made internationally will be handled on a case by case basis.
30 Day Return Policy
At Spotix Inc we want you to be satisfied with the products you purchase; if you don’t feel satisfied for any reason, we allow a simple returns policy that allows you to return any new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 30 days of delivery for a refund. The refund issued will be for the total amount of the order minus original outbound shipping and any return shipping costs incurred by Spotix Inc. If your return is due to an error made by us, you will not be responsible for shipping costs.
- If your return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first attempt to work with you to repair the product; if repair is not possible, we’ll work on getting it replaced.
- If your return will be returning to us via Freight service, we will require a photo of the item as you’ve packaged it in order to have a “before” image of the package to protect against any damage caused during return shipping.
- Upon returning an item, be sure the product is clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage, and you note your RMA number on the outside of the package.
If you’d like to return your item(s), please feel free to use our simple Return Form to obtain an RMA number (Return Authorization number) and we will process your return quickly.
To be eligible for a return, item(s) must be within 30 days of delivery in new, unused, unassembled, and resalable condition in the original packaging.
- The cost of original outbound shipping will be deducted from your refund total.
- A return shipping label can be available upon request, but will be at your cost
- For returns that require freight service, we can schedule a freight truck to pick up the returning item(s) but you will be responsible for the cost.
- Certain items are not eligible to be returned for under this policy; some items are customized and built to order based on your specifications and do not qualify for a standard return.
- These items include but are not limited to: American Fyre Designs fire pits, fireplaces, and firewalls; HPC’s MLFPK, FPK, FPPK, and HWI fire pit kits; other custom products.
- Refund will be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used at the time of original transaction.
- Once received, returns are usually processed within 3 days, and can take additional time for your bank to process the transaction.
Spotix Inc reserves the right to refuse a refund if:
- The item returned does not match the original item shipped.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging, either of which were not previously specified by the customer.
- The item was damaged during return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been used and is no longer in new and resalable condition.
In many cases, an exchange may be made to ensure you get the exact item(s) you need. If you’d like to make an exchange contact us, and:
- We will process an RMA/Exchange for the correct item(s)
- At this time, you may purchase the new item(s) in order to get them shipped out sooner or,
- You can return the incorrect item, once we receive the return we will ship out the new item(s).
- Any additional costs will need to be paid for at time of exchange.
- Return shipping will still be your responsibility, though if an exchange is completed you will not be charged original outbound shipping.
There are no product questions yet.