- Home /
- Spotix Penta HPC Match Lit Fire Pit Burner Kits
The Spotix Penta HPC Match Lit Fire Pit Burner Kits by Spotix provides high quality fire pit components necessary to complete your gas fire pit project. The unique Penta shaped burner is manufactured by HPC and constructed from high quality 304 stainless steel; each Penta burner features staggered burner ports, a 1/2" (or 3/4" for HC) female gas inlet, and is neatly machine welded to produce a seamless and durable product.
This burner can be installed DIY or by a professional installer and can be used for either Natural Gas or Propane applications; for LP applications a propane conversion kit, which includes an air mixer, coupler & nipple, will be necessary. The burner should be at least 6" smaller than the inside dimensions of your enclosure and must be installed so the burner ports face upwards. The kit components include a stainless steel flex line, quarter-turn ball valve, decorative flange & key, and stainless steel fittings; the fully assembled kit will complete the burner assembly from the burner to the shut off valve.
- Stainless Steel Construction - Heavy duty 304 stainless steel guards against rusting and ensures a long-lasting product
- 3, 9, 12 Burner Ports - Unique to the penta burner, holes are drilled at the 3, 9, and 12 o'clock positions on the tube for a broader, more complete flame
- Standard & High Capacity - Burner rings are available in both standard 1/2" and high 3/4" capacity
- Natural Gas or Propane - Burner kit is NG ready, with LP conversion kit available; gas inlet is raised to prevent water entering gas line
- Burner Pan - Stainless steel burner pan helps complete the installation of your fire pit kit
- Includes - Penta burner, flex line, fittings, ball valve, and decorative flange with 3" key
- What more do you need? Depending on your project you might need installation collars, a flange extension, a longer key, a regulator, vents, and fire media - check them out in the Accessories tab above
|HPC Penta SS Burner Kits|
|Burner Size||Btu (max)||Hub Size||Flex Line Length||Center Flame||Pan OD*||Center Hole*||Lava Rock*||Fire Glass*|
|FPS-PENTA12KIT||12"||65k||1/2"||12"||25"||18"||1-1/8"||1 Cu Ft||40 lbs|
|FPS-PENTA18KIT||18"||125k||1/2"||18"||26"||24"||1-1/8"||1 Cu Ft||70 lbs|
|FPS-PENTA24KIT||24"||200k||1/2"||24"||30"||30"||1-1/8"||2 Cu Ft||110 lbs|
|FPS-PENTA30KIT||30"||250k||3/4"||24"||30"||36"||1-3/8"||2 Cu Ft||160 lbs|
|FPS-PENTA36KIT||36"||300k||3/4"||36"||20"||42"||1-3/8"||2 Cu Ft||220 lbs|
|FPS-PENTA48KIT||48"||300k||3/4"||36"||14"||54"||1-3/8"||2 Cu Ft||360 lbs|
What to Consider When Building a Gas Fire Pit:
- Gas Supply - Before you begin designing your fire pit, first determine your gas supply
- Both Natural Gas and Propane may be used - Supply Pressure and BTU ratings need to be regulated for both
- For Natural Gas: Supply Pressure should be set between 3.5" - 7" Water Column
- For Propane*: Supply Pressure should be set between 8" - 11" Water Column
- *If using a 20 lb. propane tank, consider the maximum BTU output of a tank that size ranges from about 90,000 - 125,000 BTU† and a regulator must be used
- †The BTU rating of the 20 pound tank limits your burner options to sizes that are rated for 125,000 or fewer BTU
- Fire Pit Burner - The shape and size of your fire pit burner can be choosed after determining your gas supply
- Choose a burner that's at least 6" smaller than the inside dimension of your enclosure - that's 3" between the edge of the burner and the inside edge of the pit
- Fire Pit Pan - Recommended for use with all fire pit burners, but required for use in propane applications
- A pan can be flat or "bowl" style in order to accommodate your construction - it should be installed at least 3-4" below the top surface of your enclosure
- The burner pan separates the air mixer from the burner in propane applications, but in all constructions it helps with water drainage and ventillation
- Flange Extension - In many cases, the shut-off valve will be located inside the fire pit - if your enclosure walls are thicker than 3" it may be necessary to use a flange extension and a longer key
- Ventilation - For all fire pit burners, adequate ventilation is required
- The recommended amount of ventilation is 36in² - or (2) 18in² vents on two opposing sides to create proper airflow
- Installation Collars - Are designed to simplify the installation of a fire pit pan
- Our flexible installation collars can bend for round enclosures, and can be anchored in with concrete screws
- Fire Media - Is the final step to finishing a gas fire pit
- Both lava rock and fire glass may be used to complete your fire pit, the choice between the two is purely aesthetic
About the Manufacturer:
HPC is on the cutting edge of outdoor gas fire pit technology and offers a wide variety of burners to fit the need of any construction or do-it-yourself project. All HPC fire pit rings have staggered burner ports for a more natural-looking flame pattern and presence. Both stainless steel and cold rolled steel burners are available, and both feature ports that are drilled, not punched, for optimal quality; the burner hub is raised above the concentric rings to reduce the risk of water in the valve or gas line.
|Shipping Status||Ships in 1 to 2 business days|
|Manufacturer Part Number||FPS-PENTA-KIT-Config|
|Burner Material||#304 Stainless Steel|
|Raised Center Hub||Yes|
|Burner Hole Pattern||3, 9, and 12 o'clock|
|Burner Holes Drilled||Yes|
Check items to add to the cart or select all
List $75.00 You Save $22.05!
List $195.00 You Save $45.05!
List $455.00 You Save $265.05!
List $197.00 You Save $46.05!
List $379.00 You Save $88.05!
List $948.00 You Save $219.05!
List $948.00 You Save $219.05!
List $25.00 You Save $7.05!
List $55.00 You Save $30.05!
List $70.00 You Save $17.05!
List $19.00 You Save $5.05!
List $27.00 You Save $8.05!
List $30.00 You Save $8.05!
List $415.00 You Save $96.05!
List $415.00 You Save $96.05!
List $323.00 You Save $75.05!
Beautiful flame on high Review by running man
We love our Penta, 24-Inch Burner. Our only complaint is like the following review, it hisses when the valve is set to low, the hiss goes away when the valve is cranked all the way open.
Any thoughts on how to resolve this?
Thanks. (Posted on 5/3/2016)
Overall very Happy Review by Dan
This was exactly what I expected. Everyone that's seen the penta burner really likes it. I did need to buy one more flex line to hook it up to the gas line. Seems like it's good quality, however, I won't know till we see how the burner holds up over the years. (Posted on 12/28/2015)
Overall Satisfied Review by Bones
I am satisfied with the product and value. My only complaint is the hissing noise when the gas is on low. The noise goes away when the ball valve is completely open. (Posted on 9/24/2015)
penta burner is the one to go with! Review by stanley & karen
what a great product! we were converting our wood fire pit into a gas fire pit and I was so nervous that it wasn't going to have the same ambiance of a real fire pit but it is actually so much better! we don't smell like wood smoke afterwards and it turns on so easily. we use it more than we used our wood burning fire pit just because it is so easy to turn on and off. It gives off a great flame on all of the burner holes. We added some copper fire glass to it and it looks wonderful! Thanks so much for the assistance in picking out this kit. (Posted on 5/28/2015)
A little more involved then portrayed by video Review by Cats Fan
The video showing how to assemble the kit was very helpful BUT it needed to explain a little more clearly how involved drilling your 1 1/2" hole through the block was going to be and that the extender was pretty much a must. I ended up having to piece together a extender with parts purchased at Lowe's. I was told by the customer service rep that I would be able to purchase the extender part at Lowe's or Home Depot. Neither had that exact piece. And the video did not mention that you were going to need a longer key then the one that comes with the kit to be able to turn the burner on when using the block in the video. I had to order the longer key which was an additional $18 to be able to turn the unit on. So bottom line: if the video had included that additional information I think I would have been 100% satisfied with my purchase instead of 75%. (Posted on 5/26/2015)
impressed Review by Maq
easy to install and great to see the finished product. Truly impressed by the flame this kit gives off. (Posted on 4/29/2015)
Great Customer Service! Review by Southern
I had little knowledge about what I needed to purchase for my fire pit project, until I came across this website. Within two rings I was able to talk directly to technical support to help me understand which kit I needed. Great customer service and product knowledge! (Posted on 2/18/2015)
Write Your Own Review
We inventory many of our products in our warehouse in North Liberty, Iowa to provide quick and flexible shipping options for the entire country. Certain custom finished products and other items will ship factory direct from the manufacturer when necessary and can take additional time processing.
Standard Ground Shipping:
For most items under 150 pounds the standard free shipping option will be parcel (FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc). Having this flexibility allows us to provide the quickest turn around to process and ship your order. If your order arrives damaged, please be sure to take pictures and provide those to us in order to help us provide proper reparations.
Standard Freight Shipping:
For most items over 150 pounds our free standard shipping service will be freight, and will include free curb side delivery and lift gate service. When your order is ready to be delivered, the shipping company will contact you to schedule a time to deliver your order - for this reason, it is critical to provide the most relevant phone number at the time of check out. Upon delivery, the driver will take it off the truck for you but it is your responsibility to bring it onto your property. You will be required to sign for the delivery and inspect the product upon arrival; any damage present upon arrival must be annotated when accepting the delivery, Spotix Inc is not liable for damages not annotated on the delivery receipt at time of delivery.
Free Shipping on All Orders:
All products available on our website qualify for free standard shipping; standard shipping applies to standard locations within the contiguous 48 states. Spotix Inc. reserves the right to choose delivery type, carrier, and service level of each shipment when standard shipping is selected. For Freight shipments, standard shipping includes curb side delivery and lift gate services; for exceptions (e.g. hard to reach areas) special considerations and fees may be applied.
Expedited Shipping Options:
Most items will be available for expedited shipping options in order to decrease shipping time; these options require you to call and speak to one of our Sales Representatives in order to determine availability and pricing.
Orders shipping internationally are not eligible for our free standard shipping. We regularly ship to Canada; for such orders, you are responsible to contact our sales representatives in order to determine shipping costs. Additional international shipping opportunities may be available, please call for availability. International orders are not eligible for our standard return policy; returns made internationally will be handled on a case by case basis.
30 Day Return Policy
At Spotix Inc we want you to be satisfied with the products you purchase; if you don’t feel satisfied for any reason, we allow a simple returns policy that allows you to return any new, unused, unassembled, and resalable items in their original packaging within 30 days of delivery for a refund. The refund issued will be for the total amount of the order minus original outbound shipping and any return shipping costs incurred by Spotix Inc. If your return is due to an error made by us, you will not be responsible for shipping costs.
- If your return request is due to product defect or damage, we will first attempt to work with you to repair the product; if repair is not possible, we’ll work on getting it replaced.
- If your return will be returning to us via Freight service, we will require a photo of the item as you’ve packaged it in order to have a “before” image of the package to protect against any damage caused during return shipping.
- Upon returning an item, be sure the product is clean, the packaging is sufficient to prevent damage, and you note your RMA number on the outside of the package.
If you’d like to return your item(s), please feel free to use our simple Return Form to obtain an RMA number (Return Authorization number) and we will process your return quickly.
To be eligible for a return, item(s) must be within 30 days of delivery in new, unused, unassembled, and resalable condition in the original packaging.
- The cost of original outbound shipping will be deducted from your refund total.
- A return shipping label can be available upon request, but will be at your cost
- For returns that require freight service, we can schedule a freight truck to pick up the returning item(s) but you will be responsible for the cost.
- Certain items are not eligible to be returned for under this policy; some items are customized and built to order based on your specifications and do not qualify for a standard return.
- These items include but are not limited to: American Fyre Designs fire pits, fireplaces, and firewalls; HPC’s MLFPK, FPK, FPPK, and HWI fire pit kits; other custom products.
- Refund will be applied to the same credit card, debit card, or other form of payment used at the time of original transaction.
- Once received, returns are usually processed within 3 days, and can take additional time for your bank to process the transaction.
Spotix Inc reserves the right to refuse a refund if:
- The item returned does not match the original item shipped.
- The returned item is missing parts or the original product’s packaging, either of which were not previously specified by the customer.
- The item was damaged during return shipment due to improper or insufficient packaging.
- The item being returned has been used and is no longer in new and resalable condition.
In many cases, an exchange may be made to ensure you get the exact item(s) you need. If you’d like to make an exchange contact us, and:
- We will process an RMA/Exchange for the correct item(s)
- At this time, you may purchase the new item(s) in order to get them shipped out sooner or,
- You can return the incorrect item, once we receive the return we will ship out the new item(s).
- Any additional costs will need to be paid for at time of exchange.
- Return shipping will still be your responsibility, though if an exchange is completed you will not be charged original outbound shipping.
Does the natural gas fire pit need a regulator? I do not see one in the pictures. Also - how do you adjust the flame?
It does not include a regulator. It may or may not need to be regulated - depending on how your gas line is plumbed. For more information, check out this article.
If I have a 31" cement pot ( with 2.75" thick walls) that's only 12" deep do I need a burner pan? I am going to use natural gas. I was thinking of only using lava rock at the low level and finishing the coverage with the ceramic river rock. Also - should I get the 24" or 18" star burner?
With natural gas you won't have to purchase a pan if you do not want to, though it's still recommended. It's recommended that whatever size your ID is, your burner is 6" smaller.
I'm looking at a Penta burner with the pan. Does the pan have a nipple for the burner to attach to? I'm asking as it looks like there is over a 1" hole in the pan according to the description. Other pans you sell have the nipple.
This particular pan does not have a nipple to save in cost. We do sell other pans with nipples if that's something you'd like, but it makes no difference for performance or construction to have the nipple - once the burner is covered with media it will be pretty stable.
List $60.00 You Save $15.05!
List $6.50 You Save $2.75!
List $158.00 You Save $41.05!
List $50.00 You Save $10.05!