Fire Tables: Outdoor Entertaining Made Easy
An outdoor fire pit table is an excellent choice for those looking to add a natural gathering point to their backyard, patio or other outdoor space. Also known as fire tables or tabletop fire pits, these handsome fire features offer an exceptionally easy way to bring the joy and warmth of real flame to your home. Their growing popularity has led to a flood of big-box retailers adding these gas fire pit tables to their stores, which can make the shopping experience challenging if you're looking for a high-quality unit that's built to last. Fortunately, the team here at Firepits Direct has combed the gas fire table industry to select the top brands for your consideration. When you shop with us, you know you're only looking at fire features designed to stand the test of time and provide an exceptional experience. On top of that, we offer technical expertise and customer service that goes the extra mile, so you're sure to get an outdoor fire table that you'll love.
Why Buy a Fire Table
If you're in the market for a fire feature to take your outdoor living space to the next level, there is no shortage of options. From DIY fire pits to pre-assembled outdoor fire tables, there's something for everyone. Table fire pits are an excellent choice for our customers for a variety of reasons. While everyone's needs are different, we have noticed certain common threads among customers who choose fire pit tables:
- Convenience - The primary selling point of tabletop fire pits is the ease of setting them up. Because they generally come pre-assembled, it's as simple as hooking them up to the fuel supply and following the ignition instructions. Even those with no DIY skills can have an outdoor fire table up and running in less than an hour.
- Versatility - When a natural gas or propane fire table isn't in use, it still functions as a table, allowing you to kill two birds with one stone. If you're designing your dream patio and want a table and a fire feature, a fire pit table offers the best of both worlds. Even when it's it, the table's surface still offers an easy place to set drinks while relaxing.
- Technology - Innovation is a key factor in how we choose the brands we carry here at Firepits Direct. Our collection is full of products that integrate modern conveniences like electronic ignitions, smartphone control and home automation compatibility, and our fire table offerings are no different.
What to Consider When Buying a Fire Table
The fire pit tabletop market is broad, even when you're looking only at our curated collection, so finding the perfect model for your home requires some research and consideration. We offer top-notch assistance through our product specialist team, but if you're shopping on your own or just looking at what we offer ahead of time, it's good to keep these factors in mind:
- Fuel Type - Fire features are generally fueled by either natural gas or propane. Both are clean-burning fuels, but propane fire pit tables are generally more popular as they provide storage space for the propane tank. A propane outdoor fire pit table is one of the simplest ways to add a fire feature to your home.
- Shape and Size - With round, square and rectangular options, there's sure to be an outdoor fire pit table that works for just about any space you're looking to finish. Table height is also something to keep in mind, with options ranging from dining-style designs to shorter fire pit coffee tables to suit your needs. Overall size can vary widely as well. We carry centerpiece tables that are as much as 12 feet long as well as fire pit end tables only a couple feet across, so there's something for any use case.
- Price - While our offerings tend toward the upper end of the spectrum, they still cover a broad spectrum of price points, so there's something for nearly any budget. It's also important to keep in mind that you truly do get what you pay for. A cheap fire table is likely to give out after a couple summers, while the units we sell are designed to last for many years, with stainless steel components that resist corrosion, costing you less in the long run.
- Design - When you're shopping for a fire table with Firepits Direct, you know you're only seeing high-quality products that are built to last. This means you can turn your attention to finding a table gas fire pit that suits your existing decor and preferences. We carry them in a variety of colors and finishes to match any design scheme. Your choice of fire media also comes into play. Many of our fire tables come with either traditional lava rocks or more modern fire glass beads. We also sell these upgrades separately, allowing you to customize your fire feature.
- Features - Our fire table offerings run the gamut from no-frills units designed to keep things simple to highly technical fire features that can be controlled with your smartphone or put on a timer. Which you prefer is a matter of taste, but it's an important factor to keep in mind while shopping.
Fire Table FAQs
- Is it safe to put a fire table on a wooden deck or patio? Yes, fire pit tables are designed to be safely operated on wooden decking as long as all other manufacturer's clearances and guidelines are followed.
- How long will a propane tank last in a fire table? Depending on the burner size and output of your fire pit table, a standard 20 pound propane tank will last between 8 and 20 hours.
- Do I need to cover my fire pit table? We generally recommend the use of a vinyl fire table cover to protect it from the elements and keep your fire feature working well for many years.
- How can I clean the fire glass in my fire table? When the fire table is cool, you can remove the fire glass and clean it in a bucket of warm, soapy water. After rinsing and drying, it can be put back in place. Soot build-up over time is inevitable, but frequent cleaning should keep the fire glass looking new for a long time.
- How much heat does a fire pit table put out? This will vary by the size and design of your fire table, but generally, a quality unit will put out at least 50,000 BTUs and as much as 160,000 BTUs.