- 8 ReviewsCrossfire by Warming Trends CFB Match Light Original Brass Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(7)4 stars(1)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $281.00
- 2 ReviewsHPC Fire Rectangular Stainless Steel Fire Pit H-burners5 stars(2)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $83.07
- 1 ReviewCrossfire by Warming Trends CFBO Match Light Octagonal Brass Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(1)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $761.00
- 76 ReviewsHPC Fire Penta Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burners5 stars(76)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $114.63
- 1 ReviewCrossfire by Warming Trends CFBCT Match Light Round Tree-Style Brass Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(0)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(1)As low as $562.00
- 1 ReviewRasmussen CS Custom Pan Vented Fireplace Burner Kit with Strap Legs5 stars(1)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $258.00
- 2 ReviewsCrossfire by Warming Trends CFBT Match Light Tree-Style Brass Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(2)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $561.00
- Real Fyre G46 Vented Gas Fireplace Burner, ANSI CertifiedAs low as $621.00
- 7 ReviewsHPC Fire Linear Interlink Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burners5 stars(2)4 stars(5)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $119.13
- 1 ReviewCrossfire by Warming Trends CFBH Match Light H-Style Brass Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(1)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $662.00
- 20 ReviewsHPC Fire Round Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burners5 stars(15)4 stars(1)3 stars(0)2 stars(2)1 star(2)As low as $73.30
- 9 ReviewsHPC Fire Rectangle Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burners5 stars(6)4 stars(1)3 stars(2)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $94.55
- 3 ReviewsThe Outdoor Plus OPT-DR1xxx Stainless Steel Double Rectangle Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(2)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(1)1 star(0)As low as $230.00
- 3 ReviewsReal Fyre G45 Vented Fireplace Burner5 stars(3)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $291.60
- 2 ReviewsHPC Fire Square Stainless Steel Fire Pit Burners5 stars(2)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(0)As low as $118.98
- 3 ReviewsReal Fyre G4 Vented Fireplace Burner5 stars(2)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(1)As low as $227.70
- 1 ReviewCrossfire by Warming Trends CFBST Match Light Square Tree-Style Brass Gas Fire Pit Burner5 stars(0)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(1)As low as $591.00
- 2 ReviewsReal Fyre P45 Vented Gas Fireplace Burner, ANSI Certified5 stars(0)4 stars(0)3 stars(0)2 stars(0)1 star(2)As low as $295.20
DIY Gas Fire Pit Burners: The Heart of Your Fire PitIf you're building a brand new custom fire pit or upgrading or repairing an existing unit, buying a top-quality gas fire pit burner is a key factor. These outdoor gas burners are the centerpiece of any fire feature, defining the experience of your backyard or patio for years to come. When investing in an important component for a major project like a gas burner, it's important to buy the one that best suits your needs.
This is where Firepits Direct comes in. We've combed through the best manufacturers in the outdoor fire industry to curate a collection of reliable, high-quality fire pit parts, including gas outdoor burners. Because we've already done the legwork of separating the wheat from the chaff, you can shop with confidence, knowing you'll be getting fire pit replacement parts that are designed to stand the test of time.
To make your shopping experience easier, we've collected some details about burners for fire pits to guide you through the process and ensure you find the perfect burner for your needs. We are proud to be your one stop shop for gas fire pit parts and fire pit supplies from the best brands in the business.
What to Consider When Buying a Fire Pit BurnerThe fire pit burner industry can be complex, and the technical side of things can be daunting to some homeowners. Searching through the thousands of options on the market can cause confusion and stress. This is why Firepits Direct is happy to offer exceptionally clear shopping guidance, both on our website and directly from our team of expert product specialists.
We've collected some details below that will offer an excellent starting point for searching through our inventory of gas fire pit burners. By highlighting the major factors that separate one burner from another, we can provide guidance in finding the one that will work best with your project. In our years in the industry, we've talked with thousands of customers and learned that these factors are key to ensuring they get the right burner:
- Shape - The shape of your burner should complement the shape of your fire pit enclosure, of course, but there are still choices to be made to get the best experience. The most common shapes in the outdoor burner industry are linear, rectangle, round, square and Penta, a star-shaped burner that provides an exceptionally natural-looking flame presentation.
- Fuel Type - You'll need to determine which type of fuel you plan to use for your fire pit: natural gas or liquid propane. If your fire pit will be connected to an in-ground fuel source, it's most likely going to be natural gas. If your fire pit is going to be fueled by a freestanding tank, that's probably propane.
We carry a wide variety of both natural gas fire pit burners and propane burner parts. In fact, most burners in our inventory can be configured for either type of fuel. We recommend working with a licensed gas plumber to address any questions and concerns regarding fuel type.
- Size - Just like burner shape, size will be dependent on the design of your fire pit. If you're replacing an existing burner, you'll be restricted by the available space in the enclosure. If on the other hand, you're building a brand new fire feature, you'll be able to go as large as you like, though it's important to keep in mind that larger burners will require more fuel. We are even able to work with our brand partners to create custom-size options for exceptionally large fire pits.
- Price - Because Firepits Direct carries only the best brands in the business, the prices on our fire pit burners do tend toward the higher end of the market, but there's still a significant range of price points available to suit most budgets. It's important to remember that when you buy a quality burner from a reputable manufacturer, it is going to last longer and have a better warranty than a cheaper product, which will save you money in the long run.
- Material - Because we carry only the best quality products, the fire pit burners here at Firepits Direct are generally made only of the most durable materials. For outdoor fire pit burners, this means either brass or stainless steel. Both metals are highly corrosion resistant, which is key in outdoor applications. Brass is the more durable of the two and is priced to reflect that.
- BTU Output - BTU stands for British Thermal Units and is the standard method of measuring the heating capacity of fire pit burners. A higher number means a larger, more powerful flame. To get the most out of a high-BTU burner, you'll need to ensure your fire pit has a sufficient fuel supply. For reference, a standard propane tank will last for about eight hours while putting out 50,000 BTU per hour.
- Compatibility - Whether you're replacing an existing burner or building a new fire feature entirely, it's important to ensure your burner is compatible with the other parts used in the unit. Pay attention to fitting sizes, manufacturer's recommendations and fuel-type requirements to ensure the burner you buy will function properly with your system.
Fire Pit Burner FAQs
- Do I need a cover for my fire pit? Not necessarily, but we do recommend using either a fabric fire pit cover or a metal or glass burner cover to keep the rain out of the fire pit assembly when not in use. While the burners we sell are built from corrosion-resistant materials, they're not entirely immune from wear and tear. You can protect your investment easily with a quality cover.
- What is a nozzle fire pit burner? Some of the burners on our site expel fuel via nozzles. These small tubes are designed to increase the gas flow, providing a larger and more impressive flame output.
- Can I burn wood in a gas fire pit? No. Wood can burn much hotter than gas, and the burners are not designed to be used at temperatures that high. In addition, burning wood will create ash which can clog up the burners, causing further damage.
- Do I need to use lava rock with my gas fire pit burner? We recommend the use of lava rock, fire glass or a decorative log set with fire pits. In addition to improving the look of the fire feature, fire media like these will also improve the performance of the burner by causing the fire to look more natural.