- Bromic BR-ETNG-A Tungsten Smart-Heat Electric Heater, BlackAs low as $690.00
- Bromic BR-TNG500 Tungsten Smart-Heat Radiant Gas Heater, 5-BurnerAs low as $1,670.00
- Bromic BR-TNGPORTA Tungsten Portable Radiant Heater, 5-BurnerAs low as $2,088.00
- Bromic BR-PLA500 Platinum Smart-Heat Radiant Gas Heater, 5-BurnerAs low as $2,132.00
- Bromic BR-EPLA34 Platinum Smart-Heat Electric Heater, 3400WAs low as $1,737.00
- DCS DRH-48N Gas Infrared Heater, 48-Inch, Natural GasSpecial Price $1,649.00 Regular Price $1,731.00Out of stock
- Dimplex DIR30A10GR Indoor/Outdoor Electric Infrared Heater, 1000-3000 WattsSpecial Price $1,205.99 Regular Price $1,339.99
- Bromic BR-ETNG Tungsten Smart-Heat Electric Heater, WhiteAs low as $879.00
- Dimplex DIRxxA10GR Indoor/Outdoor Electric Infrared HeaterAs low as $530.99
- Twin Eagles TEGH48-B Gas Infrared Heater, 48 InchAs low as $2,539.00
- Bromic BR-PLA300 Platinum Smart-Heat Radiant Gas Heater, 3-BurnerAs low as $1,893.00
- Dimplex DGR32WNG Outdoor Wall Mounted Infrared Heater, Natural GasSpecial Price $1,179.99 Regular Price $1,199.99
- Bromic BR-EPLA23 Platinum Smart-Heat Electric Heater, 2300WAs low as $1,203.00
- Lynx LHEM48 Eave Mounted Heater, 48-InchOut of stock
- Dimplex DGR32PLP Outdoor Portable Infrared Heater, PropaneSpecial Price $1,399.99 Regular Price $1,499.99
- Dimplex DLW2400x24 Indoor/Outdoor Radiant Electric Infrared Heater, 2400 WattsAs low as $1,149.99
- Bromic BR-ECB Cobalt Smart-Heat Electric HeaterAs low as $674.00
- Twin Eagles TEEH3524 Indoor/Outdoor Electric Heater, 61 InchSpecial Price $929.00 Regular Price $1,055.69
- DCS DRH-RMT On/Off Remote Control for DRH-48Special Price $199.00 Regular Price $209.00Out of stock
- Dagan DG-LPH/BZ Bronze Outdoor Patio Heater, PropaneSpecial Price $534.46 Regular Price $598.00
Outdoor Heaters: Enjoy Your Patio Even in Cool WeatherThose who love outdoor living will agree that one of the saddest times of the year is when the weather gets just a bit too cool to enjoy relaxing evenings on the patio or in the backyard. Fortunately, you don't have to give up as soon as those first chilly days start when you buy a high quality patio heater to warm up those outdoor spaces and enjoy them in the spring and fall. Outdoor patio heaters are growing in popularity for exactly that reason.
With this growing popularity of outside heaters has come an influx of manufacturers and retailers looking to capitalize, which can make it a challenge to find a quality outdoor heating solution. This is where Firepits Direct can be a lifesaver. We've combed the industry for the best brands of outdoor gas heaters and their electric counterparts, ensuring that every product you find on our site is built to perform well and last for years. To make your shopping experience even easier, we've collected some helpful info and tips below.
Why Buy an Outdoor HeaterIf you're someone who enjoys relaxing outside after a long day and you live in a part of the country without nice weather all year round, then you may want to invest in a patio or deck heater to maximize your enjoyment of the great outdoors. Fortunately, Firepits Direct carries a variety of high quality infrared outdoor heaters and other patio heating solutions to help you do just that. While everyone's specific needs will differ, home and business customers who buy an outdoor heater from us generally do so for these reasons:
- Convenience - One of the biggest selling points of outdoor patio heaters is how easy they are to use. Whether you choose an electric or gas-powered heater, they're quick and easy to set up and even simpler to turn on. In just seconds, you'll have reliable heat wherever you need it, making it a snap to enjoy the outdoors in comfort, even when the temperatures dip.
- Value - When you invest in an outdoor heater, you're investing in your outdoor space. If you've spent quite a bit of money creating the perfect patio paradise, you'll obviously want to get the most out of it. By adding an outdoor heater, you increase the amount of time you can spend enjoying your space, increasing the overall value of your home or business patio.
- Efficiency - While there are other methods for adding some warmth to an outdoor space, and we carry many of them here at Firepits Direct, outdoor heaters are some of the most efficient options. Firstly, because they provide heat in a directed fashion, they are better at heating up a specific area compared to other options. Secondly, many of our offerings use an infrared design, which increases efficiency by not exposing the flame to open air.
What to Consider when Buying an Outdoor HeaterWe carry only top quality products here at Firepits Direct, but that doesn't mean that every product we carry will work for every application. Each model and brand has its own particular strengths, and choosing the right one for you will require a bit of forethought and consideration. To ensure you find the outdoor patio heater that best meets your needs, we recommend keeping the following points in mind:
- Fuel Type - The first thing to figure out is which type of fuel you'd like your heater to use. We carry both electric and gas heaters, and the gas units can generally be powered by either propane or natural gas. Electric units may plug into a standard outlet or need to be hardwired, so make sure you check the owner's manual for any heater you're looking to buy.
- Configuration - Our selection of heaters comes in three styles: wall-mounted, ceiling-mounted and freestanding. Standing patio heaters have the benefit of being mobile, while wall- and ceiling-mounted units won't take up any floor space. Your choice on this point is going to be a matter of preference and on the layout of your space.
- Heat Output - When trying to heat a specific space, it's important to get a heater that puts out the right amount of power. If you choose a heater that's too strong, you'll find yourself just as uncomfortable if you choose one that's underpowered for the space you're heating. Product listings for each model will provide more detail about the amount of space they are suitable for.
- Size - When installing a patio heater, it's important to follow the manufacturer's recommendations regarding clearance to surrounding materials. Part of this is ensuring your heater is not too large for the area you'd like to mount it, particularly for wall units. Fortunately, we carry outdoor heaters in a variety of sizes to ensure there's something for nearly any use case.
- Features - Because we carry only the best, most innovative brands, our selection of patio heaters includes models with smart quality of life features. Some popular ones include: ceiling recess kits, remote controls, dimmer controls, wind-resistant design, waterproof construction and automatic shutoff timers.
Outdoor Heater FAQs
- How many BTUs does a patio heater need to put out to work? This will depend on the size of the space you'd like to heat as well as the ambient temperature. Generally, you can multiply the total cubic feet of the space by the number of degrees you'd like the temperature to increase for a rough estimate.
- Can I use a patio heater in the winter? Maybe. It will depend on how cold it gets where you live. Most patio heaters don't function at all when temps dip below about 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Can I mount an outdoor heater on a wooden surface? It will depend on which model you choose. Generally, natural gas and propane heaters burn too hot to be placed that close to combustible surfaces, while electric models are safe in that application. To be sure, you'll want to take a look at the owner's manual for whichever heater you are considering.